Friday, May 25, 2012

Reflecting on the Memories!

Well it is the unofficial start to summer. Many people will be traveling this weekend to create Memories with family, friends or just to have something enjoyable to reminisce about. My fondest Memories of this weekend are the Backyard BBQs my father traditionally puts on. 50 or more people would show up for some FREE GRUB. Oh the smell of charcoal and lighter fluid cooking up some tender, juicy, fall-off-the-bone ribs along side BBQ chicken, hamburger, hot dogs. Oh and the sides: potato salad, Mac n’ cheese (homemade), greens, rolls, oh the list goes on, I am STEADILY SALIVATING. Can’t forget the numerous people that would show up, family, friends, neighbors and complete strangers, everyone was invited. If my father seen some one in the streets while surveying the down town area he would send them an invite, it didn’t matter who they were. Oh how I miss those days.
Well this is the first year my father is not doing his Memorial Weekend BBQ for the first time in years, I can’t even remember the last time he did not do it, its got to be 20+ years. Good thing I have the Memories.



Other Memories I have are of my fellow service members. Man you guys (men and women collectively) helped me to develop in to the man I am today. Some of you have lost your life fighting battles in lands foreign; whereas, some of you are able to still fight on and to all of you I SALUTE this MEMORIAL WEEKEND. The moments we shared I will forever embrace, remember and pass on to my kids.  Without your DEDICATION to service, your HONOR and your SELFLESS acts I would not be able to carry these Memories, shedding a tear!
DP

No comments:

Post a Comment