Monday, June 11, 2012

12 DAYS

DID you MISS ME?!?!

Oh my time has flown since I last Blogged. Sorry my mind was not on sharing my trials and tribulations with the world, but what else is the purpose, DUH.

So here I am. I am currently on assignment for my reserve unit, which means I am not at home. I will be gone from home for a total of 12 days and my contest is 12 days out. The only thing normal is my workouts. My DIET has changed, and let’s just say... I have GONE FISHING and GARDENING!!! I have learned some valuable lessons while I have been away.

1.     Getting away is nice but FAMILY SUPPORT is the BEST

2.      Even when things are not normal, find ways to make it seem normal

a.       For example I bought a Lil’ Foreman and make all my meals in my hotel

b.      I ensure I still get my workouts and cardio in

3.       EFFORT + DESIRE = GOALS ACHIEVED

There it is again. I have applied a Lil bit of Effort to my Desire and I am that much closer to my GOALS ...WOW....

I was talking to my wife and we were trying to figure out once you reach your goal where do you go? OFC the simple answer is create a new goal, right, but what if the original goal was unexpected. The answer is actually simple we just fail to see it sometimes, because we as a society believe that our goals always need to be upward and forward, but why can’t they be lateral to our current GOALS ACHIEVED. Let’s say I lost 20lbs and that was my goal, where do I go from there? How about turning my new body in to a more toned me? In 12 days I will have competed in my first contest, I will have lost 30+ lbs, I will hopefully have made my family, and friends who supported me proud of what I did, but where do I go from there? I have some ideas, but that will be saved for another BLOG. Oh I don’t want more than just competing in this bodybuilding contest, but you will have to stay tuned to see if I have reached that goal.
DP

No comments:

Post a Comment