Monday, May 21, 2012

EFFORT

 
 
Effort!  What is effort? Effort is hard work. Effort is pushing myself 100% in order to accomplish a goal. Effort is giving my all even when I have nothing left to give.
 
Man what a week/ weekend. 7 straight days in the gym but today I will need to take off. Not because I want to, it’s a matter of ensuring I don’t break myself down too much and end up sick and unable to workout at all.

I went to the NPC Jr. USA Championships in Charleston, SC this past weekend. Mind you this was my first bodybuilding show I had ever been to; I had no clue the amount of work that these athletes put in to preparing for this one moment.  It was definitely cool to get a first hand glimpse of this the bodybuilding community when it is SHOW TIME, simply Amazing! Man, the things these athletes put themselves through in order to be judged by a third party person and told your work and effort earned you a PRO CARD or Thanks but you need to try again next year. Makes you wonder how they pick themselves up in order to do it again?!

Ray Lewis said it best, ... it is all about EFFORT!! “Effort is between you and you” … you know whether or not you gave it your all. Don’t be mad at your results if your effort was not 100%, who can you blame, who can you fault? I know my perceived perception of my failures has been strictly because of my efforts did not meet my desires. 
Bottom line is this – Stop complaining, Don’t quit, Push Hard and you will achieve your goals.
 
EFFORT + DESIRE = GOALS ACHIEVED….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07fhOVQ9wEA

Are you OK with "Being Mediocre"?

EFFORT: Myron Rolle = Rhodes Scholar; Jacob Tucker = Small Town College Dunk Champion, Shawn Wolfe = Natural Bodybuilding Champ 


 DP

No comments:

Post a Comment