Friday, June 15, 2012

REASONS & EXCUSES

So 8 Days left. I am a little tired/ fatigued. I do not know if it is mentally or physically. I think it is more physical than mental; however, sometimes it boils over and becomes mental. For instances, yesterday was a LEG days for my workouts. Now I have enjoyed LEG days no matter how much pain it has put me through, but yesterday I had a lot of REASONS not to do it. Let me show you my thought process.
Hmmm, thinking to myself,
  • REASON # 1 “man I am tired and I have a lot to do today, I can do it tomorrow when I get back”… Procrastination will win here. = EXCUSE # 1
  • REASON #2 “I don’t want to be sore tomorrow, I have a long flight” … Long flights suck no matter what. = EXCUSE # 2
  • REASON #3 “physically I don’t feel like I can do it, I am tired,”… Your competitor agrees you are too tired, you might get injured. = EXCUSE # 3
  • REASON #4 I can just jumble my schedule around to fit it in this weekend.” … Weekend really, after being gone for 2 weeks, be reasonable. = EXCUSE # 4
As you notice all my REASONS are essentially EXCUSES for not getting in the gym and BUSTIN MY A$$ in order to be better than the next man come June 23rd. I am not sick, I am not broken, and nothing is holding me back from working out except pure LAZINESS. I sucked it up and took the Green Mile stroll to my torture chamber known as the gym on LEG DAYS. You know what……. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. Sure my legs are fatigued today but that would have happened no matter what since I am traveling. I feel better mentally today knowing I did what I felt I was supposed to do.
DP

1 comment:

  1. You make excuses almost as good as me. Ha ha ha. Except I usually let mine keep me out of the gym. You're an animal! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete