Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Roller Coaster

So, I feel great today. Yesterday’s workout went well and cardio thus far today has too, so I am on a high right now. Shoulders workout tonight, one of my favorites! I stepped on the scale after cardio and was somewhat pleased as to what it said. I am about 6 lbs heavier than what I need to be at competition and I am hoping I make it. I know in the end I should be but not being there now makes me uncomfortable. I guess that kind of reverts back to yesterday blog... I want it now!!! it is pointless to have it now because then I will be really light for the contest which would not be good AT ALL.

Reflection on the last 2 days is simply explained metaphorically as a ROLLER COASTER ride.

We see  ROLLER COASTERs (challenges) and pick which ride one to ride . On the chosen ROLLER COASTER there are ups, downs, superfast sections, slowed down portions, twists and turns that can and cannot be accounted for. Some of it we enjoy some of it makes us sick to our stomachs, but as we persevere (although we are not in control) through it the ride is over before we know it and all is well. Similar to life we place our selves in situations that have consequences, some known, some unknown, but remember PERSERVERENCE will get you through. You had a vision in the beginning just because the ride is not the way you expected doesn't mean that the end result will not come out the way you desired.

Note to self keep picking ROLLER COASTER, but remember behind every turn, every dip, and every climb there is a lesson to learn, but once the lessons are done it is time to pick another ROLLER COASTER.

DP

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we pick our roller coasters but God chooses the twists and turns. Perseverance during the dips is the key. Even when you can't see where you are going if you continue on the ride and realize that you arent in control that ride eventually finishes. I have experienced many rough rides but I learned which roller coasters to stay off of. But I also know that the next ride can hold unbelievable joy and be an adventure that you could not forsee. If you didn't persevere through the initial rides then you would never had the experience of the final ride.

    ReplyDelete