Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Progression

Well, last night I took some progression pictures. Well so much for the motivation ;( As I reviewed them I found myself more critical of myself... Oh this looks wrong, this is not even, and maybe I should concentrate on this or that. Well guess what DUMMY you are not the trainer and your trainer has given you guidance on how and what to do. Who am I to try and adjust myself, I only got myself this far by listening and taking the INSTRUCTIONS from some one that is far more knowledgeable than me. If I was able to get this far without the guidance of my trainer I would have already got it done.

So I guess in hindsight this is similar to other aspects of life. Like many people I want results yesterday with today's one time effort, versus seeing the big picture in which it took many little goals and challenges I had to overcome in order to make legitimate progress.

Today's wants will be tomorrow's past and therefore it will by my His - Story.

The saying goes... History repeats itself, but does it have to? Technically NO, the only thing that history repeats are life lessons and the only way you see those lessons as being the same is if you never learned from it to begin with.

Lesson for me today is simply this.... I did not have a bad yesterday, matter fact it was great: I made more strides towards my ultimate goal and if I keep going my goal will be obtained and I will be able to show the world that I am truly a SUPER HERO. Ok not so much a super hero but I can show that anyone is able to accomplish a goal simply by Persevering. We all have bad moments/days don't let the Bad Moments/Days Define the Real You.

DP

4 comments:

  1. I really like it man. It's interesting to see that even guys who are waaaayyy more fit than me have off days. Helps me to realize that you skinny people are not just robots, and that a bad day is not a good excuse to throw the baby out with the bath water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best and worse thing I bought for journey to being in shape is a garmin watch. All the data it gives is a blessing and a curse. I usually sit for 30 minutes after a run looking at splits and average pace and when I am done I have to remind myself while I currently can't run very fast or far I lapped everyone who was siting on the couch! Have faith in yourself to reach your goals. I have know you for almost my whole life and I know you can do whatever you set your mind to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, For me I write down my workouts in order to see progression, some time it is motivating and otehr times it will destroy me but I always know there is a finish line and I will be pleased with the results in the end.

      Delete